The tremulous morning is breaking
Against the white waste of the sky,
And hundreds of birds are awaking
In tamarisk bushes hard by.
I, waiting alone in the station,
Can hear in the distance, grey-blue,
The sound of that iron desolation,
The train that will bear me from you.
‘T will carry me under your casement,
You’ll feel in your dreams as you lie
The quiver, from gable to basement,
The rush of my train sweeping by.
And I shall look out as I pass it,–
Your dear, unforgettable door,
‘T was _ours_ till last night, but alas! it
Will never be mine any more.
Through twilight blue-grey and uncertain,
Where frost leaves the window-pane free,
I’ll look at the tinsel-edged curtain
That hid so much pleasure for me.
I go to my long undone duty
Alone in the chill and the gloom,
My eyes are still full of the beauty
I leave in your rose-scented room.
Lie still in your dreams; for your tresses
Are free of my lingering kiss.
I keep you awake with caresses
No longer; be happy in this!
From passion you told me you hated
You’re now and for ever set free,
I pass in my train, sorrow-weighted,
Your house that was Heaven to me.
You won’t find a trace, when you waken,
Of me or my love of the past,
Rise up and rejoice! I have taken
My longed-for departure at last.
My fervent and useless persistence
You never need suffer again,
Nor even perceive in the distance
The smoke of my vanishing train!
A few random poems:
Bat’s Poetry Page – more poetry by Fledermaus
Batty Writing – the bat’s idle chatter, thoughts, ideas and observations, all original, all fresh
Poems in English
- Inspiration Overwhelm Can Keep You Stuck!
- Signs of a Legitimate Product Seller
- Creative Inspiration – How Are You Leaving Your Unique Creative Fingerprints On The World?
- Ravana and Lucifer – The Indian Connection
- Iron Man Inspiration – Raise The Ceiling On What You Can Achieve
- Thinking Volleyball by Mike Hebert – A Review
- Where to Seek Inspiration for Your Lesson Plans
- Literary Cubism – A Non-Structured Structure For Twenty-first Century Storytelling
- Leptisol and a Little Inspiration to Aid Weight Loss
- Creative Ideas – The Biggest Reason You Don’t Have Enough Good Creative Ideas
- Homeschool Program – Should I Use a Planned Homeschool Curriculum?
- Enliven Your Creativity With Your Garden Designs
- The Vibrant Inspiration of Spring & Garden Wedding Favors
- 7 Steps To A Super Creative You
- Hotel California Meets the Great Gatsby – Music As a Teaching Resource For Literature
- Ways to Use Freeform Collage to Boost Creativity
- Acting on Inspiration
- The Macro Button – Get Creative With Your Camera
- Allusion in Poetry
- Seven Strategies For Creativity
More external links (open in a new tab):
Doska or the Board – write anything
Qwant – the best search engine for searches in French, German as well as Romance and Germanic languages.
Ecosia – a search engine that supposedly… plants trees
Duckduckgo – the real alternative and a search engine that actually works. Without much censorship or partisan politics.