by Alden Nowlan
Not every wino is a Holy Man.
Oh, but some of them are.
I love those who’ve learned
to sit comfortably
for long periods with their hams
pressed against their calves,
with a wall for a back-rest,
contentedly saying nothing.
These move about only when
on foot, and almost always
I think of them as oblates.
Christ’s blood is in their veins
or they thirst for it.
They have looked into the eyes
unprotected by smoked glass.
A few random poems:
Bat’s Poetry Page – more poetry by Fledermaus
Batty Writing – the bat’s idle chatter, thoughts, ideas and observations, all original, all fresh
Poems in English
- Less Time poem – Andre Breton poems
- Freedom of Love poem | L’Union Libre (Ma Femme) – Andre Breton poems
- Le Verbe Etre poem – Andre Breton poems
- Five Ways To Kill A Man poem – Andre Breton poems
- Always for the first time
- I have a dream
- Putin, Our Savior and Dear Friend
- A Poem about Lemonade
- About Wedding Dress
- Spirituality of Gerard Manley Hopkins, Gerard Manley Hopkins: a shepherd poet
- What Shall I Do For the Land that Bred Me poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
- What Being in Rank-Old Nature poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
- Tom’s Garland poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
- To What Serves Mortal Beauty? poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
- To Seem The Stranger Lies My Lot, My Life poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
- To R. B. poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
- To His Watch poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
- To Him Who Ever Thought with Love of Me poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
- To a Young Child poem – Gerard Manley Hopkins poems
More external links (open in a new tab):
Doska or the Board – write anything
Qwant – the best search engine for searches in French, German as well as Romance and Germanic languages.
Ecosia – a search engine that supposedly… plants trees
Duckduckgo – the real alternative and a search engine that actually works. Without much censorship or partisan politics.