A poem by Alexander Pope (1688-1744)
So when Curll’s Stomach the strong Drench o’ercame,
(Infus’d in Vengenance of insulted Fame)
Th’ Avenger sees, with a delighted Eye,
His long Jaws open, and his Colour fly;
And while his Guts the keen Emeticks urge,
Smiles on the Vomit, and enjoys the Purge.
A few random poems:
Bat’s Poetry Page – more poetry by Fledermaus
Batty Writing – the bat’s idle chatter, thoughts, ideas and observations, all original, all fresh
Poems in English
- Funeral Poems – Eight Selections for Families to Consider
- Inspiration Ethics – The Value of Authenticity
- Four Creative Ideas to Make Use of Urban Real Estate
- Writing to Sell Versus Writing to Communicate
- Brief Persian History or Persian Literature
- Dwarfs Perdition (Eldritch & Eerie Poetry)
- Creativity – Imagination Needs to Play
- "I Carry Your Heart With Me," A Discussion of the Poem by E. E. Cummings
- Critique of The Soldier by Rupert Brooke, British Poet
- Double Inverse Epulaeryu Poem – Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Comparison of Two Poems on Birds
- Inspiration, Motivation and the Link to Hypnosis – Article Five
- What Makes a Person Creative Or Brilliant Vs Intelligent Or Smart?
- Writing the Flashback in Fiction
- Horse Racing in Literature
- Poetry by Thomas Kemp – Your Poet Is!
- Stimulating Your Creativity So As to Live in Peace
- Love is Not Love – In Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18, Anyway
- Jose Garcia Villa and What Poetry Is
- “Why Don’t You Come?” A Discussion of the Poem by Mihai Eminescu
More external links (open in a new tab):
Doska or the Board – write anything
Qwant – the best search engine for searches in French, German as well as Romance and Germanic languages.
Ecosia – a search engine that supposedly… plants trees
Duckduckgo – the real alternative and a search engine that actually works. Without much censorship or partisan politics.